The garage is the place where we spend the time to do car repair, doing some DIY projects, or using it as a small workshop. Many people use the garage door insulation kits to keep the area warm, especially in cold conditions.
But, sometimes you need some extra heating equipment in your work area to withstand against the winter days. You may not want to make your hands shiver while doing some critical repair on your vehicle, right? That is the situation where you need a good-quality garage stove and what better than a wood heater for your working area?
Best Garage Wood Stove
If you are also one of those looking for a perfect wood burning stove for the garage, workshop, or rooms, then check the below reviews of the most sought products in the market (No.3 is my personally recommended).
1. HomCom 1500W Compact Freestanding Electric Wood Heater For Garage
This electric wood stove from HomCom will add classic ambiance in your garage. It will warm the area and brighten the space with its flickering and dancing flames. Its small size and safety features are a couple of the most selling points. Due to its so many positive reviews and popularity, it has earned the first place in this list.
Features of HomCom Compact Electric Garage Wood Burning Stove are:
- The stylish freestanding design with a portable structure, this stove is ideal for garage, home, and workplace.
- This heater has a metal finish with copper handles which gives a classic look.
- It comes with two adjustable heat settings of 750W and 1500W with thermostat control to get an optimum warmness as per your needs.
- Its thermal safety switch will prevent the overheating issues and turns the heater off in sudden falling over situations.
- You will get a warm ambiance with 3D LED flame effect in the fireplace in a cost-effective and energy efficient manner.
- It has overall dimensions of 15.5 x 10.5 x 21.75 (WxDxH) inches with a heating coverage area of 323 square feet.
- This electric wood stove weighs only 18 lbs which make it portable to place anywhere in your garage and room according to your comfort.
2. TURBRO Suburbs TS20 1400W Electric Fireplace Wood Stove
Now feel warmed and comfortable while working in your garage or enjoying the winter days in your room with the help of the TS20 electric fireplace from TURBRO. This black stove box with an ember bedsit shows some realistic dancing flames to let you enjoy the view. It will provide both warmness and elegant look in your garage or any other place of your home. Along with the electric fireplace, you will get four stove legs, twelve installation screws, and a user manual.
Features of TURBRO TS20 Electric Wood Stove for Garage are:
- This CSA approval fireplace comes with an auto-off safety switch to prevent the overheat situations.
- It has a powerful heating capacity of 1400W (4780BTU) to warm up an area of 1000 square feet in a few minutes.
- It comes with only two switches and a temperature knob which ensures you will not have a problematic & lengthy installation process. Fix the legs of the fireplace, and you are ready to go.
- The vintage-like design of this wood stove has three visible sides which turn it into a decorative piece of furniture which provides a desired warmness in the environment.
- You can set the room temperature from 68-degree Fahrenheit to 95-degree Fahrenheit with the help of the included thermostat.
- This free standing garage stove has dimensions of 20 x 17 x 10 inches with a weight of fifteen and a half pounds.
- The company will provide a one-year warranty on the product.
3. Guide Gear Outdoor Wood Stove
This wood stove I am using in my garage for two years, and I have no complaints about it. If you also want a small, lightweight, and efficient working wood fireplace for your workshop and garage, then I recommend going for this heating equipment from Guide Gear. You will just need to bring the piece of lumber, and this stove will provide the warmth in the place.
Features of Guide Gear Garage Wood Burner are:
- It has a galvanized steel material on the body and a cast iron construction on the hinged door which gives a required toughness to the equipment.
- It comes with a chimney pipe which you can connect to the ventilation system to siphon smoke and ash away.
- The four heavy-duty legs of the stove provide enough stability to the powerhouse heater.
- It comes with five pipes which will provide you with enough ventilation options when you use it indoors.
- This item has total dimensions of 17.75 x 11.75 x 16.25 inches and a weight of 47 lbs.
- I will not advise, but the company mentions that you can use the top platform to keep your coffee and saucepans hot.
4. Pleasant Hearth Mobile Home Stove
Spending the time in a garage or backyard workshop can turn into a beautiful experience, only if you have enough commodities like nutritious food, useful tools, and a warm environment. A portable, lightweight, and good-quality stove can provide enough warmness to have a better working or relaxing atmosphere around you. And this portable stove from Pleasant Hearth is an ideal choice for that.
Features of Pleasant Hearth Home Wood Stove are:
- It can heat up to 1200 square feet area which is enough for your sizeable sized garage or workshop.
- You can choose from the three available sizes of the stove; small, medium, and large.
- If you have a portable garage or mobile home, then this can be a perfect choice for you to keep the area warm with the help of an air intake kit.
- With the help of the pull/push draft control knob, you can regulate the burn time and heat output.
- It weighs around 277 pounds and has an overall size of 31-1/2” x 22-1/2” x 22-1/2” (H x L X W).
- This EPA approved wood burning stove has an 81% efficiency rating which means you will get a pleasant and durable operation.
- You will get a 5-year limited warranty from the company.
5. Vogelzang TR004 Colonial Garage Wood Stove
The Vogelzang TR004 is one of the best heating units available in the market today. This fireplace insert will help you make the efficiency of the fireplace best from better. A ceramic glass window provides a splendid view of the burning fire inside the stove.
Features of Vogelzang Colonial TR004 Wood Burning Stove for Garage are:
- With the 69,600 BTU ratings, this fireplace insert can heat up to an 1800 square feet are.
- After you put the required fueling, it burns up to eight hours continuously.
- The heavy gauge reinforced steel plate with 3/16” size has firebrick linings on it.
- As it is EPA certified and meets with the State of Washington standards & rules, it will deliver efficient & quality operation.
- It weighs around 265 pounds with dimensions of 33.5 x 24.5 x 26.5 inches.
6. US Stove Company 2000 EPA Certified Garage Wood Stove
This mid-sized steel plate stove from US Stove Company provides economical and excellent heating in conventional and radiant ways. The heavy-gauge plate steel will stay for years and will deliver outstanding performance for your heating needs in the garage, workshop, or any indoor area of your home and office.
Features of Garage Wood Burning Stove by US Stove Company are:
- It has a ceramic air wash glass which will offer you a stunning view of the burning flames through its cast iron made sturdy feed door.
- It can warm an area up to the 2000 square feet with up to 89000 BTU’s of heat which makes it ideal for big garages and workshops.
- This freestanding wood stove has a 22” log capacity & a 6” Flue collar.
- This unit comes with a 100 cu. Ft. per minute blower and an ash drawer which will help you to keep the area pollution free.
- It has a total dimension of 24.5 x 27 x 30 inches & weight of 275 pounds.
- It is an EPA certified wood stove for a single burn rate.
- The company provides you a 3-year limited warranty.
7. Drolet HT2000 High-Efficiency Wood Stove for Garage
The HT2000 from Drolet is the most expensive stove in this list. It is designed to work with almost 80% of efficiency which means you will have minimum wasting of fuel. This freestanding wood stove is easy to install, use and clean.
Features of Drolet HT2000 Garage Wood Stove are:
- It can heat up to 2400 square feet area with 95000 BTU rating.
- The spacious 3.93 cubic feet firebox has firebricks linings which accept up to 22” logs.
- The cast iron door with a heavy duty adjustable handle allows you to operate it comfortably.
- Though the run time depends on the quality of the lumber, the average operation of this wood stove is 8-12 hours after a full load.
- It weighs around 555 pounds with an overall size of 29.4 x 28.1 x 34.3 inches. Due to the extra capacity, it can warm more area compared to the other similar wood heating stoves.
Choosing the best wood burning stove for garage
Picking up the right wood heating stove, especially for the garage is not an easy task. You need to consider some essential things before you make your mind to buy a garage stove, like:
- Space: This is the essential thing you need to take in the account. Calculate the area in your garage or workshop and then determine how much space you can provide to a fireplace insert. According to that, select the wood stove with an appropriate size.
- Heating Area: Different wood stoves have different heating capacities. Some of them are meant to warm a small room area, some are ideal for medium-sized garages, while some are best for the large workshops. You need to see how bigger your workspace is and which heating capacity you will require from the stove to match that.
- Portability: Some wood stoves come as portable structures while some just fit into as the fireplace inserts. If you want a lightweight wood stove which you can carry wherever you go, then pick up the freestanding design. If you work at a fixed place and not going to move around or have an existing fireplace, then go for the fireplace heaters.
- Blower & Other Accessories: Many users don’t consider this option, but it is one of the most critical aspects for selecting the suitable garage stove. A few brands offer a wood stove with attached blower, and some make you buy it separately. Also, check the BTU level of the furnace to find the heating capabilities. Some brands provide ashtrays to clean out the fireplaces quickly & easily. Many others offer the stoves on the top of which you can even heat the water or cook soup if you want.
- Budget: Finally, the price of the wood stove also matters. If you do not sit for too long in your garage, then you can opt for the relatively cheap options out there. And if you spend hours in repairing or tinkering the stuff in your garage or workshop, then it is recommended that you choose a heavy-duty wood stove even if you have to go beyond some limit of your budget. At last, you should get the real value for the money you spend on the garage wood burner.
The Bottom Line
It is crucial to have the top-quality wood stove for your garage, especially if you are living in the cold conditions. All the heaters mentioned above are recommended by the experts and are suitable for different kinds of needs. It will help you to find the best option according to your heating requirements and budget.
So, from where do you start? Do you have anything in mind to share? Use the comment section below to narrate your views.
Thanks for joining.
Stay warm & comfortable.